Band Against Bullying, Inc ("Band Against Bullying") truly respects the privacy of its users, and is fully committed to protect their personal information and use it properly. This policy describes how we may collect and use personal information, and the rights and choices available to our visitors and users regarding such information.
- Your Consent.
Please note: you are not obligated by law to provide us with any information. You hereby acknowledge, warrant and agree that any information you do provide us is provided of your own free will and consent, for the purposes and uses described herein.
- What Information Do We Collect?
- Visitor and User Information. We collect two types of information regarding our Visitors and Users:
- Un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a Visitor or un-identified User, which may be made available to us, or collected automatically via his/her use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). Such Non-personal Information does not enable us to identify the Visitor or User from whom it was collected. The Non-personal Information collected by us mainly consists of technical and aggregated usage information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
- Individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable efforts cause the identification of an individual, or may be of private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information collected by us mainly consists of contact details (e.g., e-mail address or phone number), billing details (name, physical billing address, payment method and transaction details), details regarding a browsing or usage session (IP address, Geo-location and/or device unique identifier), details regarding connected third-party accounts (such as the e-mail or username for a connected PayPal, Google or Facebook account), scanned identification documents provided to us (such as an ID card, driver’s license, passport or official company registration documents), correspondences (including those made through or uploaded to our Services), and any other Personal Information provided to us by Visitors and/or Users through their access to and/or use of the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information that is connected or linked to Personal Information (for example, in order to improve the Services we offer) is deemed and treated by us as Personal Information, as long as such connection or linkage exists.
- Cookies and Tracking.
Cookies are electronic collections of information stored on a local computer that are used by websites to keep track of visitors and registered users and to relate one computer transaction to a later one, and other methods of uniquely tracking visitors for different purposes.
You may set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or change the settings on your web browser to clear or disable cookies. If you decide not to accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of Band Against Bullying' website. Additionally, please be aware that if you visit third party websites where you are prompted to log in or that are customizable, you may be required to accept cookies. Cookies do not enable third parties to access any of your personal (e.g., contact) information. However, advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies. Band Against Bullying does not control use of these cookies and is not responsible for information collected through them.
Band Against Bullying uses different types of cookies. For example, some cookies are "required cookies" which are necessary for Band Against Bullying' website to work. In addition, cookies are used to provide Band Against Bullying' existing Subscribers with the opportunity for continued savings and increased convenience as described in more detail below.
- Cookies for Improving Our Web Site. Band Against Bullying uses "performance cookies" to inform Band Against Bullying of a repeat visit. However, these cookies do not tell Band Against Bullying who a visitor is, the visitor's name, email address, or passwords.
- Cookies for Subscriber Account Management. For Band Against Bullying Subscribers, Band Against Bullying uses "functional cookies" to store user names for added convenience. For example, the cookie would contain a piece of identifying information such as a customer ID, username, or session ID that would be used to look up the customer ID. Band Against Bullying offers password-protected, web-based management tools as part of its webhosting packages. By storing a Subscriber's username in a cookie, the Subscriber will not have to fill out form fields each time he or she manages the account. (The cookie does not store passwords.)
- Cookies for Advertising. Band Against Bullying may also utilize "advertising cookies" to track referrals from internal and external affiliates, as well as advertising campaigns. Band Against Bullying may also use a third party service provider to send emails that you have agreed to receive. Pixel tags and cookies may be used in those email messages to help Band Against Bullying measure the effectiveness of its advertising and to enable Band Against Bullying to provide more focused marketing communications to you.
Sharing of Information.
- Confidentiality. With the exception of other members of the Band Against Bullying corporate family and trusted business partners who work with or on behalf of Band Against Bullying, and are subject to specific confidentiality agreements, Band Against Bullying will not provide or sell to any third party your personal information and will keep all Subscriber information confidential, subject to the following:
- Service Providers. Upon registration for Band Against Bullying services, certain Subscriber information may be transferred to trusted affiliated or unaffiliated third parties that help Band Against Bullying provide certain services or that provide certain services on Band Against Bullying' behalf. For example, Subscriber information may be transferred to Band Against Bullying' affiliated registrar, Wild West Domains (WHOIS Domain Name Registration Information), or to unaffiliated third parties that help Band Against Bullying provide SSL certifications.
- Legal Reasons. Band Against Bullying may access, preserve and share Subscriber information with companies, organizations, governmental entities or individuals outside of Band Against Bullying if we believe, in good faith, that the law requires us to do so. This may include, but is not limited to, responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes (such as law enforcement requests). Band Against Bullying may access, preserve and share Subscriber information as necessary to: establish or exercise Band Against Bullying' legal rights or defend against any legal claim including threatened claims involving Band Against Bullying based on the anonymity of a domain name; investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud or other illegal activities; prevent death or serious physical harm to any person; or investigate violations of Band Against Bullying' Terms of Service.
- Children Under 13. This website is not directed towards children and Band Against Bullying does not seek to collect any personal information from children. If Band Against Bullying becomes aware that personal information from a child under the age of 13 has been collected, Band Against Bullying will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from its database.
- Data Security. Encryption. When a Subscriber orders from Band Against Bullying, personal data transmissions are encrypted and all of the Subscriber's personal information is protected. Band Against Bullying uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry standard, for encrypting all personal information, including name, address and credit card numbers.
ATTN: Band Against Bullying, Inc Legal Department.
1278 Glenneyre Street Ste 127
Laguna Beach, CA 92651